Idea taken from http://thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com/ and the Choate Family Blog!Outside my window…the sun is going down…palm trees, tall buildings amongst shops and tiny shacks…there is such a stark contrast of things here.
I am thinking…..wow, its November! Hard to believe!
I am thankful for….a great day visiting a small fellowship of believers in a home here today and then eating lunch out at Chili’s! (ahhh, tortilla chips, Pepsi, tortillas, and grilled chicken fajitas!!!)
From the kitchen….no cooking today, but great accomplishments this week with the new stove…pancakes, chicken spaghetti, burgers, Chicken Diane with rice, biscuits with chocolate gravy, and banana bread. (Now both burners on the hotplate AND the George Foreman are out of commission forever and ever. Soooo sad. We tried hard to protect them properly and make them work….I think the flood we had in the flat this week did the grill in though.)
From the school room.....we have gotten a good start on school work but we are still waiting for the other half of our books to arrive. Hopefully very very soon! We are missing our math books and almost all of our readers. The kids are working hard to get caught up though...doing 2 lessons and Emma is doing 3 a day with the materials that we do have here. We had a great time doing science projects one day this week and are thankful for our science lab kits we brought!
I am wearing…khaki shorts and black sleeveless top and barefoot.
I am reading…..my language learning book a lot, and Streams in the Desert.
I am hoping…..that Steve has great success at finding and purchasing and bringing home some roll out cushion thingies that we have heard about that will hopefully help our beds not be so stinkin hard!!!.
I am creating….lists and recipes of things that I can find ingredients to cook here.
I am hearing…..men talking downstairs in the courtyard. There is always some kind of noise here. Many many EXTREMELY loud firecrackers at odd hours. And lots of hammering, banging, sawing, etc from construction in the flat next door and in the building near here.
Around the house…..we still have a broken washing machine but are thankful for a bathtub instead of small buckets for laundry use. The broken one was picked up Friday and is supposed to be returned Monday…we shall see! Nothing is ever when they say.
One of my favorite things….fellowship with other believers…something we have taken for granted in the past, but now is a treat.
A few plans for the rest of the week….language learning and practicing, trying new foods beginning tomorrow when our house helper will cook lunch, and Emma’s birthday on Tuesday when she will turn SIX. Can’t believe my baby will be 6!
I am reading…..my language learning book a lot, and Streams in the Desert.
I am hoping…..that Steve has great success at finding and purchasing and bringing home some roll out cushion thingies that we have heard about that will hopefully help our beds not be so stinkin hard!!!.
I am creating….lists and recipes of things that I can find ingredients to cook here.
I am hearing…..men talking downstairs in the courtyard. There is always some kind of noise here. Many many EXTREMELY loud firecrackers at odd hours. And lots of hammering, banging, sawing, etc from construction in the flat next door and in the building near here.
Around the house…..we still have a broken washing machine but are thankful for a bathtub instead of small buckets for laundry use. The broken one was picked up Friday and is supposed to be returned Monday…we shall see! Nothing is ever when they say.
One of my favorite things….fellowship with other believers…something we have taken for granted in the past, but now is a treat.
A few plans for the rest of the week….language learning and practicing, trying new foods beginning tomorrow when our house helper will cook lunch, and Emma’s birthday on Tuesday when she will turn SIX. Can’t believe my baby will be 6!



No comments:
Post a Comment