Below is a picture of the bride receiving her maangalyadbaarane from her new husband, the most important part of the ceremony according to our teacher.
The bride and groom along with their parents and other family members were "bound" together with twine to symbolize family unity.
Being escorted to the stage to present our gifts, only to find out that it wasn't quite time to present our gifts.

With the parents of the bride....

We were served breakfast, and after the wedding ceremony, we were also served lunch. We got new banana leaves and the servers came along and placed food on each of our leaves. We were told that the top half of the leaf is where the protein is placed while the lower half contains the carbohyrates/fats/sugars. We've got to give our kids props for taking part in this ... spicy, no silverware, on a banana leaf. They were troopers!!



2 comments:
I always thought the weddings were an adventure...an ALL DAY adventure. Nothing like our hour "I do" festivities over here.
Great pictures.
Blessings and prayers...
That is just fascinating--I've never seen food like that before. And I'm so glad you had a good Thanksgiving. :)
Post a Comment