Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Labor Day Weekend

Our trip to Port Arthur to visit my sister was shorter than expected. Instead of riding the ferry to Galveston, we watched the weather reports, loaded up, and left after the mandatory evacuation order was given. It was a little different to be there rather than seeing it on TV. To see all the preparations for a possible hurricane made it a little more real to say the least.
Our nieces packed up some special things in totes so Grandma and Grandpa could carry them to higher ground.


Watching as it became a Category 4 and was predicted to soon be a 5, but thankfully not!There was a solid stream of traffic heading north....and sometimes stopped or just inching along. And the bugs were hitting the windshield like rain, there were so many! Makes for a pretty picture! :o)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

HEY, it's me! i don't really know what I am doing but I'm gonna try. The pictures were beautiful. I have never seen a water park like that. The kids looked like they were having a ball. I loved Emma's taco cups. I immediately started thinking how how I could enlarge them for Wednesday night. Tell EMMA she will have to come help Grandmother make them I love you all and tell my little ones I love them. MAMA

Anonymous said...

Wow that is scary! Is everything OK with Karens home or do they know yet?