We got to learn balloon art today! Our new neighbor spent the afternoon with us and taught us how to make all sorts of things. She left all the balloons and the air pump here so we can practice some more.
We had another lively moment that wasn't so good really...the kids were in the backyard playing football when one of the older boys threw the football and broke our bedroom window. He ran off and there was quite a buzz all around the neighborhood about what he had done. He later came back and told me he was sorry and that he would pay to fix it. It amazed me to see all the little eyes that were watching my face to see what I would say to him (many gathered very quickly to see what would happen!). I'm guessing they were expecting fireworks of some kind! I just told him it was fine, that I knew it was an accident and that I appreciated him coming back to tell me that he did it and that he was sorry.
Yesterday, Emma skinned up her knee monumentally, somehow our front door was unlocked when we returned home and a neighbor said was OPEN at one point while we were gone(but nothing was missing), and there was a little snake trying to strike on the playground at the walking track on campus that was a little unnerving!
Mercy!....its been an interesting couple of days! But days I wouldn't trade for anything. I love my family and I love the moments that God gives us to experience His power, His grace, His mercy, His protection, and His love.



No comments:
Post a Comment