Saturday, September 20, 2008

Noah's Birthday Adventure

Noah's birthday is next week, but we're not having his party until the first weekend of October. We decided to have an adventure day today and surprise him with a party at one of our favorite parks with just the 5 of us. We blind-folded him, loaded up the 'hamburger' cake and presents and the journey began.


If you've ever seen the movie, Bridge to Terabithia, you'll remember the bridge that eventually led into the deep forest. We've found a park here that reminds us of that movie that even has a suspension bridge. We ended up having to put a pillow case over Noah's head and Elizabeth led him to the picnic area where we ate burgers, cake and opened presents.


He didn't realize the candles were the kind that would light back up after being blown out... these were a hit!!




Presents....




You can read 'the gift' post below and hear about the Six Flags tickets (thanks Josh and Robin). We decided it would be fun to cut out 6 flags, put them each in a separate envelope and then wrap all the envelopes together. It was so fun to watch all 3 of the kids figure out what the six flags represented!! Here's Noah figuring it out...



The bridge....




Thank you SO much, God, for days like these...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just trying to figure this out. It's pretty sad that I don't even know how to sign my name!!!!!! the one time I left a comment, it showed up anonymous. If it works, I will write back, but I have tried three times and it hasn't worked yet so we'll see. Love you Mom

Anonymous said...

I think it worked. Anyway, wanted to tell you all how much I enjoyed reading about your adventure!!!!!! What a neat day. Happy early Birthday, Noah.I guess you know that bridge scared me. Does that surprise anybody? The Six Flag trip sound so fun but PLEASE DON'T RIDE THE ROLLAR COASTER!!!!!!!! I will talk to you later but wanted you to know I loved reading about everything and seeing all the pictures of the day but especially of my precious grandbabies.
I love you all, GRANDMOTHER

Kecia said...

What a great day! And what awesome friends to bless you with fun gifts. I hope y'all love Six Flags! I wanna read all about it...
Happy Birthday, Noah!

Anonymous said...

That birthday cake is the coolest thing I've ever seen! You outdo yourself every time! You are creating memories that your kids will remember all their lives - not just the cake, but everything - the blindfold, the surprise, the cake, the FUN. So much fun! :-)

Love you guys!