Its been extremely quiet here the past few days as our kiddos are spending the week with Aunt Karen in Port Arthur. We have spent many many hours working on paperwork for the M agency which we believe the L*rd is leading us to serve. Also while they are gone I wanted to get the house super clean...cleaning those kinds of things that I normally don't have time to touch. Today I got a little carried away with that and ended up rearranging my living room furniture! Its been the same way for a year and I guess I was ready for a change! :o)
As I was finishing up and getting ready to sit down and work on more paperwork, I got a call from my sister who said she had taken the kids to the park today and that Noah had something to tell me. My thoughts went to things like broken bones or stitches because I know my son all too well! He told me that he had made a new friend at the park...a boy who told him that his parents weren't nice and didn't do good things for him and he asked Noah what should he do? Noah matter of factly told him that he could accept Je$us as his L*rd and S@vior and ended up leading this boy to the L*rd. We as his parents were so overwhelmed as we heard his words. And for Noah to so quickly recognize that even though the boy couldn't change his parents or his circumstances, he could walk through it with the strength of the L*rd. What a challenge to us all to be prepared to give an answer and change the eternal destination of anyone G*d places in our path.
"But in your hearts set apart Chr!st as L*rd. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have." 1 Peter 3:15 "Je$us said, "Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these."" Matthew 19:14
Tuesday, August 26, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
Hey! Started talking to a lady at the hospital yesterday and then found out it was your mother-in-law...nice woman!
She just sent me an email telling me about that! Small, small world!! Hope all is well with you.
I read this in one of Steve's emails, and was so inspired by Noah. I shared it with our girls at family devotion time that night, and will probably share it when I sub. in Jessica's Sunday School class tomorrow. We prayed for the little boy, too.
I just wanted to drop you a quick note. I saw on our blog stats that you had a link to our blog. I know we have not met in person, but I would love to chat via email.
It looks like your home church is Birchman, and that is one of our home churches also.
Email me anytime:
pattie.brittan@gmail.com
Blog:
brittanfamily.blogspot.com
In His Grip,
Pattie
Post a Comment