Saturday, October 10, 2009

Dreams have come true ... we woke up to MONKEYS in our yard!!!

This is a shot from the front of the guest house where we're staying until we move into our apartment in a few days. Our logistics coordinator called this morning and told us there was a monkey party going on in our front yard. Sure enough, they were walking across the front balcony, the trees in the front yard and in the tree just outside Noah's window. We were ALL excited and took way too many pictures ... but how often do you see this kind of thing in Arkansas or Texas!!

We then spent the afternoon shopping with 3 other families in the Commercial Street District ... and had lunch at KFC!! There are two families, including us, that have just been here a few days, so we were excited to have some experience guiding us along the shopping paths.

He's given us a gift by connecting our hearts with so many people here!!!
Just when we think we're NOT going to take another picture of a cow, we take a picture of another cow!!

We ran into this man under our stairwell when we got back. This iron was not corded but was instead full of hot coals. Just another way of doing things here....

5 comments:

Kecia said...

I am LOVING your pictures! :)

Anonymous said...

Monkeys and cows....what are we going to see next??? I know the kids loved the monkeys, are there any at your new place? Why was the man ironing under the stairs? Joanna, so thankful you don't have to use that iron!! Could not believe a McDonalds and KFC. Was the 'store'....prices,ect. in English? Love you all and keep up the good work. It sure helps to be able to SEE everything!!!!

Mich said...

Glad things are going well. I love looking at the pictures.

Angie said...

I've been away from my computer for a few days and have enjoyed catching up with you. I love the pictures! So jealous that you have McD's on your city! ;-) Love seeing the monkeys. We saw some on our way home today but they were a different kind!

Your pictures of the airport goodbyes were made tears come to my eyes. I will never forget that first time we got on the airplane, leaving our loved ones behind.

Can't wait to read your next update.

Heidi Austin said...

I hope I have monkeys in my yard. If not, can I come play with yours?