Idea taken from http://thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com/Outside my window…cooler than it normally is at this time of day because it just RAINED! We’ve never been so excited to see rain. But its sooooo incredibly dry here that it was a nice blessing. We walked in it until it began to downpour, then the kids ran around in it. It was nice!
I am thinking…..that I am relieved to be back in language study. I was dreading it so much, and now that I’ve begun, its not as bad as I was dreading it to be. I haven’t forgotten everything in the past 6 weeks or so, which is good and my language teacher was very complementary which was good for me to hear! It was so neat to have her come to our apartment for our lesson today…she showed me how she makes chai tea!
I am thankful….that after about 12 days back here, we recovered from jetlag and all the swelling I was having in my feet and face has stopped. That was really a strange thing, but am glad its over. Also, we have had many local people welcome us back. Lots of sweet neighbors who have been so glad to see us. Lots of opportunities to reconnect.
From the kitchen….parmesan chicken, homemade rolls, creamed potatoes, and salad. We have found iceberg lettuce the last 2 trips to the store….woohoo!
I am wearing…jeans, barefoot, and long new top from a nearby mall. Have I mentioned how HOT it is here? Man….lotion galore. (Elizabeth and I both got some new short sleeve national dress type of tops to wear that we love. We were searching for jeans for Elizabeth and of course got sidetracked. Unfortunately we found no jeans….they only had tight legged jeans, but we were told to check at another store so we are hoping to find what we need there.)
I am reading…..still the same books…there are some great quotes in them. Here’s one: “We can give ourselves to something greater than painlessness. We can give ourselves to purpose.” Now that’s one to ponder…especially for me HERE. So much of the time I focus on my comfort or lack thereof. But deep down, is that what I really want for my life when all is said and done? Ease and comfort? Not really, or at least I don’t want that to be it. I guess this is another one of those things the Father is teaching me! A greater purpose!!
I am hoping…..that our family is protected supernaturally as Steve practices driving around our part of the city. We have heard many horror stories, but trust that the Father will encircle us as we live life here amongst the craziness.
I am creating…..still working on menu planning and trying to get better organized in the kitchen. I have somewhat of a list now to work from which is very helpful.
I am hearing…..a wonderful daddy playing with his 3 awesome kids. I love my family.
Around the house…..school and language study full swing. Deep breath….I can do all things through Chr!st who strengthens me!
One of my favorite things…..my laughing children. Today I heard them laugh. A lot. And it was good.
A few plans for the rest of the week….travels south to meet with our friends and language coach, travels north for a birthday party with friends and perhaps a side trip to find some tortilla chips to go with some of this velveeta and rotel that we brought back with us.
A random thing…..we searched high and low for a Baby Alive doll for Emma for Chr!stmas and there was none to be found. So one of the first things we got when we were in the states was one of those dolls for her. Then, on Sunday when we went into the big toy store here for more super cheap earbuds, I could not believe my eyes…there on the shelf were 3 kinds of Baby Alive dolls, one of each! They were each twice the price as in the US, so we are still very grateful that we got the one we did, but still in disbelief to have seen then in that store. I wonder if they ordered them b/c we asked about them when we were in search of one?!
Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you….



3 comments:
I love when you share about your day.
Let me know if you need anything that can't be found there. I have a teenage girl too, so...
blessings and prayers ALWAYS!!!
Hey friends! You guys coming up here to the bday party? Would the older ones like to swim in our pool? You can hang out at our flat while the party is going on. I would mind helping you find tortilla chips either! Just let us know how we can help. :)
love...Love...LOVE your "picture thought"...such a funny sight!!! I hope you don't have to resort to getting her furry self shaved!!! Glad the blog is back into full swing. I check it every day. It's so great knowing what's going on. Glad you all are settled back in and doing well. You're never far from our thoughts...and always in our prayers! Love you, precious friends!!! -Janie
Post a Comment