Thursday, July 2, 2009

The Simple Woman's Daybook 7/2/2009

Outside my window....Mom and Dad's pretty flowers and garden.

I am thinking...are we just on a little trip to visit family and friends in AR? Oh yeah, its not just a trip...we have really moved away! Wow....after all this time, all this planning, its surreal to us...slowly sinking in. One more step onward in the journey. its exciting and its crazy all at the same time.

I am thankful for....my parents who came to load us up and drive us back to AR, for the FBC Monticello church trailer that we used for the last of things (hallelujah it all fit!!), for all of our friends who came out for one last 'see you later', for my little sister who took in the neighborhood cat, for my parents who let us stash a few things here and there in their house as well as empty closets for us to unpack for a little while, for our children who are amazingly OKAY with things.

From the kitchen...all kinds of good eatin' here with the family! Mom's cookies that are always here when we come are a favorite...and those yummy grape tomatoes from the garden. I made up one last recipe of my favorite crab salad to eat on for lunch this week. The list of good food is long and yummy. I've gained a few pounds from all the Braum's ice cream we enjoyed before we left and now all the good cooking.

I am wearing...SWBTS long sleeve t-shirt (not used to the lower thermostat setting on the A/C, but I'm not comlaining!), pj pants, bare feet.

I am reading....Surprised by Joy by C.S. Lewis...still working on that and started Priscilla Shirer's brand new study One In A Million, Journey To Your Promised Land. Elizabeth and I went to the first half of the tapings for that back in January, and its funny to see ourselves in the studio audience on the DVD.

I am hoping....that Steve's daddy can come home from the hospital ASAP, maybe even today? But thankful for the time he has gotten to spend iwth him as they have been stuck in that hospital room together since Tuesday. Also, hoping and looking forward to more great family time over the next few weeks.

I am creating...piles to pack more suitcases for the next week for our stay in Warren.

I am hearing...Elizabeth and Emma laughing and talking as they enjoy sisterly time together...Elizabeth dressed Emma, did her hair, and piled on her jewelry. And they dressed the American Girl dolls for tea time. Noah has been gone to camp this week and I'm sure has had a ball.

Around the house....hmm, we have no house for awhile, all that's left to do is pay the final electricity, phone, and water bills.

One of my favorite things....a quiet afternoon, sipping iced tea, listening to my favorite tunes on the MP3, lounging outside soaking up the sun.

A few plans for the rest of the week...Noah comes back from camp tonight, Steve comes back from LR today, onward for family time in Warren for a week, super big family reunion Sat. July 4th, sweet time of worship and fellowship with our brothers and sisters at Immanuel Baptist Church on Sunday and at First United Methodist Church on Wed. night.

Here's a picture thought I'm sharing with you.....

1 comment:

Mich said...

I copied your picture and put it on the sidebar of my blog so I will remember everyday to pray. Hope that is alright.

Wish you all the best as you spend time with family and continue to prepare for the next step.