Tuesday, April 7, 2009

The Simple Woman's Daybook


Idea taken from http://thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com/ and the Choate Family Blog!


Outside my window…the empty seminary house next door is very obviously getting new carpet.


I am thinking….about how to pack our school books for our move overseas. We can have 2, maybe 3 suitcases each with a weight limit, so it will be a great challenge!


From the learning rooms…Elizabeth is working on adverbs and studying formulas and substitution. Noah is working on verbs, distributive property, formulas, and writing a creative story about being 2 inches tall. In our studying of G*d's creation, we are learning all about Mars. Emma is learning to differentiate between short and long vowels, counting by tens using dimes, and making patterns with linking cubes.


I am thankful for….friends who let us borrow books! I am trying to finish them all up before moving time!


From the kitchen….left over home-made chicken noodle soup for lunch and broccoli cheese soup for supper. Its just soup weather!


I am wearing….gray sweatpants, black sweatshirt with a red long sleeved t-shirt underneath, and my soft brown slippers. Its chilly!


I am reading….The Screwtape Letters by C.S. Lewis. After reading Spiritual Warfare by Jerry Rankin, I had to go ahead and start this book because he refers to it many times. This is some of what he said about it: "Reading that book made me aware there is an enemy who is determined to defeat us in our Chr!stian walk. This enemy is intent on rendering us ineffective in our resolve to live for the Lord and serve Him. The book is a series of letters, as Lewis imagined they would be written, by Screwtape, the captain of one of Satan's demonic hosts, to one of his little demon agents, a nephew by the name of Wormwood. Wormwood had been assigned to a young man who had recently come to faith in Chr!st. I remember the book starting out with something of a reprimand of Wormwood. He had lost the battle for this individual's soul, a battle that could never be regained. But Screwtape proceeds to advise him that if he used appropriate strategies and clever tactics, he could be assured that this man's life would never count for anything as far as the kingdom of G*d is concerned. The letters are advice on strategies to defeat a Chr!stian his daily life....influence him to neglect his prayer time and devotional life and persuade him to doubt the truth and authority of G*d's word." It goes on, but I'm sure that's probably already more information on that than you really wanted. Or perhaps you're like me and it makes you want to read both of these books!

I am hoping….that we get voted YES in 13 days by the company.

I am creating….piles for our upcoming yard sale.

I am hearing….Emma singing as she is working on her creations at her art desk.

Around the house….we are emptying out photo albums to better store the past 17 years of pictures.

One of my favorite things….sipping hot tea (Plantation Mint) on a chilly spring morning.

A few plans for the rest of the week….preparing a Mexican feast for friends who just had a new baby, going to Dallas to spend time with a dear friend and browsing some Asian shops together, preparing to worship our Risen Sav!or on Easter Sunday.

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you….

Beautiful spring flowers at the Fort Worth Botanic Gardens last Saturday. I LOVE tulips!

4 comments:

Mich said...

I loved reading about the random things in your day...

Have a great one!

Stephanie said...

Love the picture...I happen to love tulips also. I have some planted in my yard, until my husband mowed some of them down with his new "toy", I mean lawnmower...

Choate Family said...

I think we'll take some C.S. Lewis out to the village with us. Thanks for the idea!

Joshua, Robin, Kelsey, Katie, Zeth said...

I mean I know you guys are leaving, but WOW it really hit me like a ton of bricks, and even though I'm so excited for you, I'm weaping because I am going to miss you guys so much!