Tuesday, April 21, 2009

The Simple Woman's Daybook, 4/21/09



Idea taken from http://thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com/ and the Choate Family Blog!

Outside my window… warm, sunny, and breezy…a perfect day for hanging out the sheets and blankets on the clothesline.

I am thinking….about going to Conway in less than 2 weeks and going to Denver in a little over 3 weeks and wondering whose life I am living?!?!

From the learning rooms… Elizabeth is studying prepositions, Uranus and Neptune, volume/mass/metric system, writing a narrative paragraph, and memorizing the countries of Asia. Noah is studying Saturn’s rings, multiplying a 3 digit number by a 2 digit number, reviewing nouns, and writing a story about going to the zoo. He has finished learning Asia and is now moving on to Europe. Emma is learning geometric solids, counting by 5’s, sorting dimes/nickels/pennies, and lots of reading practice. Together we are enjoying Stories from Africa.

I am thankful for….getting voted YES yesterday by the Board of Trustees!!!!!

From the kitchen….this morning, omelettes created by Steve! YUM!

I am wearing…. gray capri jogging pants, pink "Canada" t-shirt, bare feet

I am reading….The Vanishing Church by our pastor Bob Pearle. It was just released a few weeks ago and is very good.

I am hoping….that everyone in my house can get well and stay well. We are battling fevers, sore throats, and coughs.

I am creating….a grocery list to include the ingredients of the recipes the children have chosen to try this week.

I am hearing…..Noah’s Toby Mac cd playing from his bedroom, the sounds of the children as they play outside for “recess”, Steve's voice as he is on the phone from his "office" in our bedroom, and meowing cat wanting to come in.

Around the house….a few empty walls, closets, and shelves after a very successful yard sale.

One of my favorite things….a dear friend dropping by to sit and chat while the kids run around playing.

A few plans for the rest of the week….tonight is praise team rehearsal in preparation for our final Metochai (seminary wives) meeting of the semester on Thursday night. Saturday, Noah is going to RA congress with our church….I need to remember to send a gallon of Sunny D for their breakfast and 15 cans of meat to donate (for some reason the words “can” and “meat” together do not sound so appealing to me! Although we do love canned tuna and have used canned chicken and crab for certain recipes.)

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you….


The neighborhood cat had kittens....she decided to bring all four of them to our house one night last week, and we quickly moved them to Vanessa's house where she has made her home.

1 comment:

Mich said...

Hope you guys start feeling better.

I'm excited for you and the "yes" vote.

Praying for you...