Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Priscilla Shirer

Elizabeth and I had the unique opportunity of going to a live Bible study taping for an amazing Bible study writer/teacher/speaker, Priscilla Shirer, for a taping of her newest study: One in a Million - Journey to Your Promised Land. It was fun to see the set, lights, and cameras and what goes on behind the scenes. Even more exciting was getting to meet Priscilla! You can find out more about her at her website: http://www.goingbeyond.com/.
In her book, "A Jewel in His Crown", she quotes Portia Nelson:

CHAPTER ONE
I walk down the street
There's a deep hole in the street
I fall in
I am lost and I am helpless
It's not my fault
It takes a long time to get out
CHAPTER TWO
I walk down the same street
There's a deep hole in the sidewalk
I pretend I don't see it
I fall in
I can't believe I am in the same place but
It's not my fault
It takes a long time to get out
CHAPTER THREE
I walk down the same street
There's a deep hole in the sidewalk
I see it there
I fall in
It's a habit, my eyes are open
I know where I am
It's my fault
I get out immediately
CHAPTER FOUR

I walk down the same street
There's a deep hole in the sidewalk
I walk around it
CHAPTER FIVE
I walk down another street.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I don't usually comment on the things you write, partly because I get to hear it FIRST...and live and in person! But THIS is one of the most simple, yet profound things I've ever heard!! So glad God has allowed us to fall in some holes together. He's always faithful to let us climb out and I couldn't be happier walking down this "new" street with you!!

Love you!!