Thursday, September 13, 2007

My weekend trip was amazing....it was a Lifeway Conference called "Deeper Still, The Event" in Nashville. Kay Arthur, Beth Moore, and Priscilla Shirer....oh so amazing!!! There are not words to explain how wonderful something like this is!!! I had been looking forward to it for awhile, but then when we moved and it was quite a bit further for me to have to travel and with the expense of it all, I had some reservations about going. But God reminded me of the circumstances behind me having a ticket to begin with and that made me stop wondering if I should go! It was back in May....I was meeting one afternoon for Bible study and prayer with my dear friend and mentor. And we took a special time to stop and pray for Steve. We had been through some discouraging days after the cancellation of our Thailand trip (but it was during the time that we would have been on that trip that God orchestrated every detail of our move) that had been hard for all of us. It was during that exact time that we were praying, that he felt prompted by God to go online and search for a conference of some kind (he knows I'm a Beth Moore groupie) and he found this conference and ordered tickets as a surprise. What a wonderful surprise and gift!!! So....I did go and felt this overwhelming responsibility to really get a good word from God (RHEMA: when God's Word speaks specifically and personally to YOU) while there since it seemed that God had certainly orchestrated my going. I have pages of notes and its nearly impossible to summarize it all. But the greatest lesson God had for me was to make me truly know that He loves me with a lavish love, and He wants me to be so confident and so filled with His love that it overflows to not only my family but also to any person that God places in my path. It is the love of Christ that the world needs. And it is not by my ability nor my power, but God's alone that can accomplish this. Thankfully so because I am so incapable of that kind of love. What a great lesson.

No comments: