Saturday, September 1, 2007

2 Cor. 4:13 says "It is written: "I believed, therefore I have SPOKEN." With that same spirit of faith we also believe and therefore SPEAK." Matthew 17:20 says "If you have faith as a mustard seed, you will SAY to this mountain; "Move from here to there," and it will move; and nothing will be impossible for you."
Because of these verses and others, we SPEAK God's truth as it applies to our current life situations because there is power in God's spoken WORD beyond just thinking it!!
For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind. 2 Timothy 1:7
This is our family verse as we pray God's Word! I wrote this on index cards for the kids so we can put them around the house to remind us of God's truth about fear and/or timidity. I saw a bumper sticker the other day that had a quote on it by Eleanor Roosevelt that said something like 'do something that scares you, every day'. It seems that after living in a place for over 10 years, that we had grown pretty comfortable. Here, just walking outside the door of our house is an 'adventure' and there are many, many things that seem on the scary side. But God continues to stretch us and teach us as we rely on Him. "The fruit of righteousnes will be peace; the effect of righteousness will be quietness and confidence forever." Isaiah 32:17

No comments: