Everyone has gone home after a fun family weekend together. For some reason, 'goodbyes' make me cry now. I had to come in and cry after everyone left. I did the same thing when my Dad left after helping us move here. And also when we left my sister's house in Port Arthur when we visited there a few weeks ago. Right after everyone left today, Emma said "I need Grandma Grandpa back." We aren't surrounded by familiar faces here and I guess the reality hits a little differently when you have the opportunity to spend time with people you know and love and then they leave. The few people we know here because of that week long M trip in January seem like old friends...we are so excited and hug and all that when we run into them...they must think we're nuts to be so happy to see them! But we knew before we came here that this experience would be one that would teach us to rely on our heavenly Father in a whole new way. And that is certainly so very true. We are thankful as He continues to carry us day by day.
Steve and Noah have gone to spend the afternoon at one of the last Ranger games of the season. That was one of the things that made it okay for Noah to move here! He left out of here wearing his Ranger hat and shirt from his baseball uniform from last year's team, giddy with excitement. So, its the girls' afternoon at home and we will enjoy giving each other some much needed manicures and pedicures. Emma has her Hello Kitty pink nail polish all ready to go!
Sunday, September 23, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
I know what you mean...I'll be talking to my Mom (or some other family member) on the phone, and when Rebecca finds out who they are she gets this funny, surprised, almost insulted look on her face and says, "Oh! I miss her!" Enjoy your girl time. :)
Thanks Kecia...we are! Hope you guys are well...we enjoy reading your blog and I started on that book about Wedgwood. What a tremendous story!
Post a Comment