Monday, May 10, 2010

The Simple Woman's Daybook 5/10/2010

Outside my window…sunny and hot with no rain for several days now. We are very ready for the rainy season to begin!.....the M*slim call to prayer is resounding throughout the city at this moment..

I am thinking…..that Slingbox is a lifesaver. With no cable in this apartment (not that there is very much to choose from in English on cable in our apartment!!) it is very nice to be able to turn on shows for my sick kids to veg out and watch along with our pile of dvds. (Will we ever finish this school year????)

I am thankful….for our leadership who are staying in constant communication with us and for friends whose nearby home we are living in temporarily as we try to rule out causes to our health problems. (We’ve had some curious neighbors as to why we are here in our friends’ apartment and when are our friends returning?!)

From the kitchen…..nothing great…just whatever we can scrounge up….its kind of like camping when you are without your pantry. We have lots of eggs and cereal! :o)

I am wearing…gray cotton jersey capris, hot pink Arkansas t-shirt, my ‘inside’ flip-flops, pony tail.

I am reading…..Breaking Free new B!ble study by Beth Moore…finishing up the last week of homework now and will be very sad when its over.

I am hoping….. that we can all get well and stay well in our household!!!! Emma and Noah both woke up with fever today. Noah just finished antibiotics yesterday and the dr. is concerned that his strep is not going away. He returns to the dr. tomorrow to have bloodwork done. (He is way not excited about this!) It has been determined that Elizabeth has allergies to airborne particles, in other words pollen. The dr. didn’t even run allergy tests on her as he said he could tell by just looking at her. I’m a little disappointed to not have had the testing done though. She has had all the same symptoms as me, except she also developed skin infection to go with it. It has been pretty horrible. She is starting a new antibiotic/steroid crème today to go with her other meds.

I am creating…..the school book list is done so I need to get those ordered soon. Occasionally I am working on my old cross-stitch project that I started years ago. I don’t have a chance to get it out very often, but its therapeutic when I get to. (It’s a Christmas stocking for Noah. I made one for Elizabeth when she was a baby and I have a pattern for one for Emma….but they may all be grown before I get them finished!)

I am hearing…..tv on slingbox, Emma whining b/c she doesn’t feel good (trying to get her to take a nap), fans running, and many unidentifiable outside noises from construction and traffic, some boys playing outside which I expect any moment begin calling through the windows for Noah to come out and play. (We are never anywhere long before Noah has some new friends!)

Around the house….. a bit of disarray as we live out of suitcases for a few days. There are lots more ants here, I guess since we are on the ground floor. I just sprayed some bug spray on a trail of them in the kitchen. Not sure if this was a good idea or not b/c it caused a great swarm of them to come out. I guess I disturbed them a bit! Outside it is absolutely beautiful in the garden area next to the playground. It’s a tropical paradise with the various trees and plants, a zillion things blooming and different fruits hanging from their trees. There’s a nice walking path around and throughout that is pretty and peaceful.

One of my favorite things…..sweet tarts. I had just finished up a box and then got a new box in the mail! Woohoo!

A few plans for the rest of the week….just trying to get everybody well!

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you from our last walk around the grounds where we are staying.....

















No comments: