Monday, May 17, 2010

Random Pics from Thailand

Our security fence
view outward from the parking lot

a very nice soft bed with very nice soft sheets....double yay.
Light switches and outlets....notice the wiring coming up out of the wall that has been painted over.

A cracked and wired together laundry basket that I cracked some more when I threw it b/c of a baby lizard that came crawling out of our dirty clothes.

The church on the compound -- side and front view




the front gate with the security man somewhere in there

There's a little room around the corner with a HUGE washer and dryer inside for people here to share.
Its hard to see past the foggy lens but behind the plants are big silver water tanks.

our little front yard area
our front door, bottom floor

getting drinking water outside....we have running water, but this is the filtered water

these are foggy looking b/c of the heat/humidity kept fogging up my camera lens

this morning, the barricade had moved and traffic is nuts

sights to/fro the hospital.....


waiting in the pediatric area of the hospital...

a view from the food court area of the hospital....its a beautiful place

bread (I told you this was random)

Not one word of English on these products but its easy to see what they are!


Except for this one....I have absolutely no idea what this is.

dishwashing liquid....
I got someone on the laundry detergent aisle to help me choose this....I didn't want to mess up and get something with bleach in it! This one is for colors. :o)



Lovely bathroom....no hot water unless the tank outside has been been shined on by the sun all day, then it only lasts so long.
The airline gave all the women and children a corsage of 3 live orchids as we were leaving the plane. Very nice!
Sunday dinner....leftovers of pizza and Mexican food (YUMMY) and note ICE-CUBES in those big ole plastic cups. Whoop, Whoop.

2 comments:

Nahna said...

And He provides all our NEEDS according to His riches in glory. I love you.

Mich said...

Oh friends, I almost cried from this post. That church was my daddy's church. He preached there for six years and that house next to it was my house. Is there still a stain glass window in the church with the names of God? My dad made that.

Thank you for sharing a piece of my past with me. Soi 2 was my life for a while.

Praying for peace for the country that I loved as a child. Praying you get the medical care you need and for safety.

Prayers and blessings...