Tuesday, June 16, 2009

The Simple Woman's Daybook, 6/16/2009

Idea taken from http://thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com/ and the Choate Family Blog!

Outside my window…beautiful sunshine, meowing kitties.

I am thinking….its hard to believe we leave our home next week.

I am thankful for…great friends who are bringing refreshments for the kids' going away party tonight.

From the kitchen….leftover broccoli cheese soup for lunch, sweet-n-sour chicken and rice for supper.

I am wearing…. gray capri pants, brown Deeper Still tee, barefeet.

I am reading….Geology in the Bible by Billy Caldwell, member of our church and an excellent book!

I am hoping….that we get rid of every piece of everything at our garage sale!

I am creating….menus and grocery list for the rest of the week.

I am hearing…..Noah pushing his TV down the hallway to put in the garage sale pile. He really wants to do things himself when it comes to his room and stuff.

Around the house….cleaning mini-blinds, 6 are done and 12 to go; piano, computer desk, and tv armoire are sold and gone. The TV is now on the dining room table and the dining room is now filled with stacks of things for the garage sale, the kids’ clothes are in boxes in their bedroom floor. Organized chaos!

One of my favorite things….Braum’s Rocky Road ice cream, which I have enjoyed frequently the last two weeks. The last time was Fri. night at 10:30pm when we were watching a movie and asked Steve if he would go get us some and he did! What a fun daddy and husband!!

A few plans for the rest of the week….more cleaning out, organizing for garage sale, student wives lunch today, pool party at the RAC tonight for the kids and their friends, Indo/Korean lunch with friends, GA party, sister and family visiting, garage sale weekend!

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you….

3 comments:

Niki said...

I cannot believe that your time in Ft.Worth is almost over!! I love you all!

Mich said...

Busy...

I love it when you share your day with us.

The Brown's said...

Not so simple.