Idea taken from http://thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com/ and the Choate Family Blog! Outside my window…HOT….Steve mowing the yard one last time (woohoo!)
I am thinking….in just a few days we will be homeless. Elizabeth really can’t stand it when we say that word ‘homeless’ though so we try to refrain. And really, we don't know what homeless is because we will always have a place to be, so its a poor comparison. We drove past Union Gospel M on Lancaster last week and saw a picture of true homelessness that was gut wrenching, and nothing will prepare us for the destitution we will see in South Asia. We are thankful for the family and friends we’ll be staying with over the next month before we make a temporary home in Virginia for 2 months, and then on to our new home in South Asia.
I am thankful for…sweet family and friends that have pitched in and helped us have a great final yard sale (we had nothing left!!!!) and for a precious church family here that gave us a sweet send off on Sunday.
From the kitchen….slim pickins in the kitchen this week!
I am wearing…. WHBC women’s ministry t-shirt, denim capris, barefeet.
I am reading….Surprised by Joy by C.S. Lewis. Just started it last night.
I am hoping….that our precious children can remember the joy of the journey as they say so many goodbyes this week. I can usually make it just fine until I see one of them with tears streaming down their face. Hearing their heartbroken sobs and feeling helpless and unable to make the hurt stop is tough. There’s nothing I can do but pr@y and love on them and cry with them, and trust that our Father will bless them for following Him in obedience even though it hurts so stinkin bad right now.
I am creating….a clean house in preparation for the next family who will step here next on their path.
I am hearing…..silence as Steve has finished mowing and plans to mow a neighbor’s yard afterwards…the kids all stayed over with friends last night and will again tonight with different friends, so its peaceful.
Around the house….washing curtains, dusting the last of the blinds and washing some windows (just the insides!)….this move has been very different from anything I expected. We have moved a few times, and its always nice to clean out some stuff before moving. But, the process of going through every cabinet, every drawer, every closet, every file, every paper, every everything and getting rid of most of it or trying to figure out how or where to store what’s left (which ain’t much) is pretty different to say the least. Usually I pack the kitchen last by throwing it all in and labeling the boxes well so they can be the first ones unpacked at the next house. No need to even pack the kitchen this time around…it all has to go. Its just a weird thing! And we now know we can survive without a microwave! Yes friends, it can be done. Its been gone since Friday and only a couple of times have I gotten something out to put in the microwave that isn’t there. :o)
One of my favorite things….order…I just like things being in order. Everything has a place, everything in its place, order is just a good thing. Absence makes the heart grow fonder as order seems to be missing from our home these days!
A few plans for the rest of the week….supper tonight with friends, a visit to Fossil Rim tomorrow (a drive through safari that we have always wanted to visit but its too pricey.....we joyfully discovered they have half price Wed. sometimes so tomorrow we will enjoy a little getaway for halfprice!), supper Thurs. and Fri. night with friends, my parents will come Friday and move out day is Saturday.
Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you….



1 comment:
I was doing fine until I read about your children's tears. I have so been there. It will be hard to say goodbye, but WHAT AN ADVENTURE awaits you!
Post a Comment