All to Je$us I surrender
All to him I freely give
I will ever love and trust Him
In His presence daily live
All to him I freely give
I will ever love and trust Him
In His presence daily live
I surrender all, I surrender all
All to Thee my blessed Savior
I surrender all
All to Je$us I surrender
At thy feet I humbly bow
Worldly pleasures all forsaken
Take me Je$us, take me now
I surrender all, I surrender all
All to Thee my blessed Savior
I surrender all
All to Je$us I surrender
Lord, I give myself to Thee
Fill me with Thy love and power
Let Thy blessing fall of me
I surrender all, I surrender all
All to Thee my blessed Savior
I surrender all
This familiar hymn....these familiar words....words that we sing time after time almost mindlessly because we've heard them so many times. But today, these words grabbed me in a whole new way. I guess because I just made an inventory of all our worldly possessions, preparing to get rid of all our things over the next 3 months before our move overseas, these words just hit me over the head. I couldn't help but wonder.... Do I understand what I am singing? I sing about forsaking all my worldly pleasures. But would I really? Can I honestly sing "I surrender all" if I'm not willing to do exactly that? All to thee my blessed Savior, I really am trying to surrender all. Sometimes through sadness, sometimes through tears, but always with the anticipation of the joy that will surely come as I follow my Lord to the ends of the earth.



1 comment:
Well said, friend.
Post a Comment