Wednesday, July 30, 2008

How Deep the Father's Love for Us

We grieve tonight for our new precious friends and neighbors. Today the 5 year old son Johnathon came to the door in quiet tears to tell us that his daddy died last night. We were stunned...it was so unexpected to hear something like that. It was a brain aneurysm. The 10 year old son Junior sobbed like I've never seen a young boy sob. It was truly heart breaking. And their young mother, now a widow, is expecting a new baby daughter in November. We brought food, a Bible, a cross, a card, many hugs, tears, and prayers but more than anything I pray that the very presence of God hovers so near each one of them through this time in way that only He can, because He loves us so.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-KrIK0s1AQ

How deep the Father's love for us,
How vast beyond all measure
That He should give His only Son
To make a wretch His treasure

How great the pain of searing loss,
The Father turns His face away
As wounds which mar the chosen One,
Bring many sons to glory
Behold the Man upon a cross,
My sin upon His shoulders
Ashamed I hear my mocking voice,
Call out among the scoffers

It was my sin that held Him there
Until it was accomplished
His dying breath has brought me life
I know that it is finished

I will not boast in anything
No gifts, no power, no wisdom
But I will boast in Je$us Christ
His death and resurrection

Why should I gain from His reward?
I cannot give an answer
But this I know with all my heart
His wounds have paid my ransom
(REPEAT)

3 comments:

Kecia said...

That poor family...it breaks my heart. We're praying for them.

Angie said...

I am praying for them and for you as you minister to them. How sad.

Choate Family said...

Praying that your words would be "seasoned with salt" as you spend time with this family, and that He would use this time to draw them closer to Himself.