







We didn't see Elizabeth and Noah on July 4th this year, but after dinner with some special friends, Emma and the rest of us watched the fireworks at the Conway Country Club.




The day we arrived, our pastor found out that some tests revealed a suspicious spot on his lung. After additional tests, he found out the afternoon of July 4th that he has lung cancer. It was a very emotional time during the Sunday morning service. Most of the entire service was dedicated to praying over Bro. David and his wife, Cheryl. God is faithful, though, and we claim Romans 8:28 - "And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love Him, who have been called according to His purpose." Please pray for this wonderful family. That evening, as with tradition, WHBC celebrated God's Family Reunion with a huge spread of food followed by a time of worship, praise and testimony. We enjoyed the food but enjoyed the fellowship even more!!





With gas nearing $4 a gallon, we have decided not to take a "real" vacation this summer. When we told the kids that we would, however, be going to Conway, there were no complaints whatsoever. They love going back home and as a bonus, Elizabeth and Noah got to stay behind when we drove back home today and will ride back with friends who will be driving down to our area this weekend. They will be staying for the rest of the week and will be going with the Woodland Heights group to Wild River Country as well as participate in a M project followed by an afternoon of bowling. God has really changed our hearts, helping us to all look for and recognize Him in the small things...like "vacationing" in Conway, Arkansas!! Though we didn't see Elizabeth and Noah too often, we all enjoyed every minute of our time away.



















4 comments:
What sweet memories your children are making this summer! Thank you for sharing your family with us. It was a JOY to see Emma and Joshua so caught up in their playtime (and to see Mom and Dad making some new friends as well). Isn't God good?
Looking at your photos and reading your blog reminded me of the lyrics of the song, "The Family of God." (And I've never been a big Gaither fan, so I'm not sure why that particular song came to mind. Maybe we used to sing it during greeting time at church?) In case you've forgotten or maybe never heard it, here are the words:
THE FAMILY OF GOD
You will notice we say "brother and sister" 'round here,
It's because we're a family and these folks are so near;
When one has a heartache, we all share the tears,
And rejoice in each victory in this family so dear.
Chorus
I'm so glad I'm a part of the Family of God,
I've been washed in the fountain, cleansed by His Blood!
Joint heirs with Jesus as we travel this sod,
For I'm part of the family,
The Family of God
From the door of an orphanage to the house of the King,
No longer an outcast, a new song I sing;
From rags unto riches, from the weak to the strong,
I'm not worthy to be here, but PRAISE GOD! I belong!
Chorus
I'm so glad I'm a part of the Family of God,
I've been washed in the fountain, cleansed by His Blood!
Joint heirs with Jesus as we travel this sod,
For I'm part of the family,
The Family of God
(William Gaither)
Have a blessed week!
I love love love love love LOVE these pictures!! I love that church. Pat's right, they are family. We were in Conway Fri night & Sat, at my Mom's pretty much the whole time. Mike had to be back to preach on Sunday, but when I heard about Bro. Dave I so wanted to be there. I'm thankful God hears me just as well from Magnolia.
Lasiters...It was great to see you guys this past weekend, even if ever so brief. I have some pictures I'll send you as soon as I get to it. I was truly blessed to hear you both speak about what God has in store for you. How amazing that is! India! Wow, how exciting for you and for us! Brother Dave always makes comments about our church family being unique and that we have been blessed to see this body of believers reach all over the world. I'm excited to see what is going to happen next! Your in our prayers. Karla and Mike Hall
How fun to know most of the people in the pictures! Glad you were encouraged and refreshed - you are so often to instrument to refresh others.
Post a Comment