Monday, July 28, 2008

104

Its 104 right now in Fort Worth and surely HOT in many places today! The thing is, our poor little air conditioner is having trouble keeping up. Although our thermostat is set on 78, it is 81 inside the house and the air is continually running and running and running. Sisters, be glad you were here last week instead of this week! I'm so thankful we have A/C at all though, b/c the 81 in here is a whole lot better than the 104 outside....makes me wonder how Ron, the homeless man at the park is making it on days like today. I am so unworthy of God's overflow of blessings.

"God, we are alive because of you. We celebrate with all creation your glory and awesome nature. As we serve you, Lord, we remember the blessing you give us each day and we marvel at your greatness. May we honor you with our lives."--the daily text from the Moravian Church

3 comments:

The Brown's said...

So sorry it is so hot! You just need to pack up and come here! It wasn't that bad in your house to me. I am so cold natured. My husband freezes me out!

Angie said...

Joanna I don't know if we are going to make it back to Ft. Worth before we leave. We drove through once this summer on our way back from Stephenville. We drove around campus then got back on the interstate. I wish we would have had more time. I would love to meet you and your family in person.

It looks like y'all have had a fun summer despite the heat!

Stephanie said...

I understand fully about the heat!! Oh, we all missed you at the class reunion also!!