Thursday, June 26, 2008

"This is my son...."

I decided today was the day to bravely conquer cleaning out Noah's room. Its always interesting to clean out a boy's room and gets more and more interesting as he grows older. I found sticks and rocks and dead crickets that had escaped from the gecko feedings. And half a bottle of gecko vitamin powder was spilled onto the floor right under the edge of the bed. I also found this little craft thing he made in Vacation Bible School at Woodland Heights when he was a little bitty thing and so so cute!

He was so proud of his newly organized room....he spontaneously hugged me and said "thanks, Mom." Then later this afternoon, he came into the kitchen and saw that I was mixing up some chocolate pudding (sugar-free AND fat-free but they don't know the difference!) and he asked if that was for them (all the kids....there are 7 here today) and I said yes. He again spontaneously hugged me and said "thanks, Mom" but this time he added "thanks for being such a great mommy." As I sit here with tears in my eyes, wondering how is it that time seems to go so slow sometimes and yet so fast....and how is it that my little boy knew that I needed an encouraging word today and extra hugs...because some days I don't feel like such a great mom at all. I thank God for showing me the little things that really aren't so little when you think about it...its the little things that make all the difference in the world.
And a voice from heaven said, "This is my Son, whom I love; with him I am well pleased." Matthew 3:17

3 comments:

The Brown's said...

What a precious boy! He loves you very much. You are a great mom and sister. Love you lots!!

Kecia said...

Awww! So precious. How do they grow so fast?

Anonymous said...

{Sniff-sniff} That is SO SWEET! Oh boy can I relate to that! What happened to the itty-bitty boy? Where has the time gone? He's such a precious boy! I loved seeing that picture from VBS. He still had some baby look in him. Really makes me see how much he has grown and changed. Love you all! ~Janie