Friday, June 20, 2008

Celebration Night!

We went out to dinner tonight to celebrate Steve completing the semester (he took his last final...YAY!) We greatly look forward to the summer break and enjoyed a night out tonight tasting cuisine from India. Everyone enjoyed the food except Emma who declared that she did not like it and did not want to go back! It was a little spicy, so I had to take a Pepcid when I got home...I'm still waiting for it to work and am wondering if I need to take it beforehand next time or maybe just not eat so much?! It was very good though and we had a lot of fun. We were very proud of the kids for being such good sports and trying everything.

Here is what we enjoyed there:
Chicken Shahi Korma: boneless chicken cooked in almond cream sauce and fruits
Maharaja Spicy Mixed Grill Combination of all tandoori specialties:
Chicken Tikka - boneless, succulent chicken, gently broiled
Barra Kebab - pieces of marinated boneless lamb, lightly spiced
Tandoori Prawns - jumbo shrimp marinated in spices and roasted
Fish Amritsari - marinated fish cooked on skewer over charcoal
Tandoori Chicken - chicken marinated in yogurt, garlic, ginger and very mild spices
Seekh Kebab - ground lamb blended with special spices and herbs, cooked on skewer
Paratha: buttered and layered whole wheat bread
Aloo Paratha: whole wheat bread stuffed with potatoes and peas

No comments: