Thursday, February 14, 2008

Tribute to Joanna...

This is actually Steve...I had to "sneak" into to the blog while Joanna and the kids are having Valentines Day fun with some friends. I have already given Joanna her gift, but I wanted to do more - something I know she will humbly say I shouldn't have. But she is truly a gift from heaven and I want to let the world know how much we love her and what she means to our famly. A few verses from Proverbs 31 completely defines Joanna, my wife...my best friend. Happy Valentines Day, Sweetheart!!

Who can find a virtuous and capable wife? She is more precious than rubies. Her husband can trust her, and she will greatly enrich his life. She brings him good, not harm, all the days of her life.

She is clothed with strength and dignity, and she laughs without fear of the future. When she speaks, her words are wise, and she gives instructions with kindness. She carefully watches everything in her household and suffers nothing from laziness.

Her children stand and bless her. Her husband praises her: "There are many virtuous and capable women in the world, but you surpass them all!”

Charm is deceptive, and beauty does not last; but a woman who fears the Lord will be greatly praised. Reward her for all she has done. Let her deeds publicly declare her praise.




She puts up with my antics...that alone should promote her into sainthood!!



She is a daughter who any parent would be proud to call their own...



She loves being an aunt to the best group of little people on earth!!!!











And she is a friend to many...






She loves dogs (especially Molly)...


Cats (especially Chelsea)...
Geckos...

Fish...
And goats (okay, not really...but I found a picture of this creature on Elizabeth's camera...how could I NOT include it)!!

She loves the Lord and all that He created (and those who know her well know that she is a self-professed Beth Moore groupie, which is where she is about to go in the picture below)!!








She has been given many gifts, one of which is a "newly discovered" gift of hospitality...I am amazed at how God has shown her that her home should be opened to the world. What a witness she is for the way she shows love to people.

She's an incredible cook...


The best teacher the kids have ever had :)



She's raising her daughters to understand what it means to be godly (and Jordan loves her Aunt Joanna as well)...and a son who loves his momma. The standard has been set high for any future wife!


She loves her family and we are blessed beyond measure that God brought this woman into our hearts.






..and did I mention that she gave birth to 3 of the most amazing kids in the world.






5 comments:

Stephanie said...

Oh, how sweet! I sit at a computer all day with not a whole lot to do so I'll be checking your blog out alot...you have a beautiful family and a very appreciative husband, God has truly blessed you right there if he never gave you another thing! Check you out later girl!

Anonymous said...

Awesome! I don't know what else to say! Joanna truly is a special person, & so are you Steve! Bless you for "sneaking" into her blog & doing that - what a tribute to a truly Godly woman! Michelle Jones

Anonymous said...

Awwww...that's my Stevie...being so good to the woman he loves. And I know you meant every word...and that she feels as passionately about you! You both (and the kids too of course) are precious to me! I really enjoyed this wonderful tribute to a great gal! ~Janie

Kecia said...

That is so precious!
What about crickets...is Joanna a friend to crickets? ;)

S and J said...

Crickets! Ahhh, yes, I am a friend to a box of hundreds of crickets that are actually GROWING!