I am thinking....that its nice to have had language class only 3 days this week instead of 5. My old brain likes that better!
I am thankful for....friends and family who allow us to be here. Even when its hard, it is still a privilege.
From the kitchen.....sausage seasonings from a sweet American friend who just came here from China a few months before we got here. Wow. Sooooo good. We are able to get fresh ground pork and mix up some wonderful sausage. So I did that this morning and made some biscuits from Amanda F's recipe (thank you for sending that a few weeks ago, finally got to try it out!!)and they were the best I've ever been able to make! Lots of smiles and overeating today, ha!
I am wearing.....gray capri workout pants, black Going Beyond t-shirt, barefoot, ponytail. Its so hot here.
I am reading.....Still working on Dr. Rankin's compilation of sermons and also found The Purpose Driven Life - 40 day devotional by Rick Warren on the bookshelf at the guesthouse that I borrowed to reread.
I am hoping....that our shipment of household items arrives sooner than later! It got hung up in Malaysia but is supposed to leave there tomorrow and head our way. Maybe we'll have it in our driveway by the end of next week!
I am creating.....menus for the week as we continue exploring what can be found here and where. I'll be able cook many more things here than in our last country which is so fun. But it'll be hard to be be very creative until our stuff gets here so I can unpack my kitchen!I am hearing....lots of birds singing and the fan blowing, Elizabeth's music playing as she studies, a noise outside at our gate-hm, maybe that's the man helping with our water problem? Nope, wasn't him.
Around the house.....our water tanks are almost out of water. The big one is empty and the smaller one is pretty low. We are only using it for toilets until we figure out the problem. We have discovered that the water meter is gone. And we are remembering a couple of weeks ago there being a little piece of paper with Thai script on it that we had no idea what was, and it got thrown away accidentally. So now I'm wondering if our meter got pulled b/c the water bill didn't get paid?! Who even knows. Thankfully we have a local friend here trying to figure this out for us. If you don't speak the language here, you don't get very far, so we are so thankful for those who help us!!! We got what we think is our electric bill. We'll have to take it to someone and ask to see for sure, but it can be paid at the 7-11 which is great.
One of my favorite things....my sweet husband who thrives on figuring out new things, new places, and most of all meeting new people which is wonderful b/c there's a lot of new everything here to figure out! But its also exhausting!
A few plans for the rest of the week....hopefully get Emma well. Her fever is finally going down today and I hope it stays that way all day. She started off last week with strep, then before she finished up her meds for that she had UTI symptoms. Then she had a horrible croup attack, one of the worst we've dealt with and all our kids have had that. And just when we thought she was getting better, she started running more fever and has flu-like symptoms. We're not entirely convinced that she doesn't have some strain of the flu. She's got looks of good meds to help deal with symptoms now. She just needs to get well!! She is going to be devastated when she realizes she has missed the school field trip to the Night Safari today. I dread her finding that out, poor baby girl.
A picture thought I am sharing with you....



No comments:
Post a Comment