Tuesday, August 10, 2010

The Simple Woman's Daybook 08/11/2010

Outside my window… dark with no stars visible…and its not because its cloudy. We have a lot of pollution here.

I am thinking….about the next few weeks and finally knowing details of the next phase of our journey.

From the learning rooms… We started school a little earlier than we normally do, but life isn’t so normal for us anymore so we figured a head start might not be a bad idea!

I am thankful for….family and friends who are such a blessing to us, even though most of them are on the other side of the planet and communication is just not the same. I am thankful that G0d is the one who meets all of our needs, and the people in our lives are the icing on top.

From the kitchen….we enjoyed chicken fried rice for supper tonight. I’ve been practicing making biscuits that can be as close as those frozen Pillsbury kind as possible. The last batch was the best so far. We sure miss some good biscuits as well as any pork product that would be good inside a biscuit! But we settled for pan fried eggs to go in between instead. For these I just spray a little cooking spray (that I brought from the states) and fry the egg, making sure to break the yolk while its cooking so as to make sure it gets cooked throughout. We don’t trust the eggs here to have soft yolks.

I am wearing…. Pjs that I got in a package this year that are so cozy. Thanks friends!

I am reading….I downloaded all the free Christian fiction books available on Kindle and have been working through those.

I am hoping….that we will know some very specific things in the next day or two about the next phase of our journey….trying to wait well….being reminded of WAIT=HOPE=TRUST.

I am creating….cleaned out and organized closets to make packing go a little more smoothly when its time. The kids have tried on all their clothes to get out the ones that are too small. Elizabeth’s poor little closet is nearly empty….somebody’s going to have to fill up a suitcase from Kohl’s and bring it before too long! :o)

I am hearing…..the clock ticking, crickets chirping, dogs barking, mostly quiet b/c everybody’s in the bed, which is where I should be, but I’m having trouble going to sleep because 1. my allergy symptoms are bothersome and 2. my brain won’t stop thinking!

Around the house….things are neat as a pin around here almost round the clock b/c our lease is up 3 weeks from today and realtors are bringing in prospects to see our flat almost every day now.

One of my favorite things….having the next 5 weeks of school lessons all planned out…yay!

A few plans for the rest of the week….no plans in particular, just doing each day what the L0rd brings before us.


Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you….
This is our dish drying rack. Isn't it the coolest thing? I just love it. And I can't help but wonder if it will fit into a suitcase!

No comments: