We had such a nice visit to Conway over Thanksgiving! We greatly enjoyed getting to visit with friends and getting lots of hugs. There are so many that we didn't get to see that hopefully we'll get to see next time! On our trip there, Emma asked for her Barbie pillow which we had forgotten to get for her. Oops! I told her we would get it Sunday when we returned home. She said we had also forgotten her top bunk and Daddy's truck and was very upset about this. I explained to her that it was fine...we would be back home on Sunday and it would all be right where we had left it. Then it dawned on us what she was thinking....all this time she had been thinking that we were moving back to Conway over Thanksgiving. She didn't understand that we were returning and she cried so pitifully when she understood. It was so sad. We really thought the drive back on Sunday would be horrible, but it wasn't and we are so very thankful. Everyone was tired and grouchy as we left, but after some good naps all was well!
One highlight of the visit was hearing Bro. Dave preach an awesome sermon. All of his sermons are awesome. I take notes and write fast and furiously because its too good to not write down to continue soaking up later and if you've ever heard the man preach, he fits in a LOT of TRUTH every single time. I pray protection over his voice so he can continue being a mighty instrument of God. After 3 months of being away, visiting a list of different churches who all have wonderful pastors, and joining a wonderful church here whose pastor is amazing (preaching the book of Revelation on Sunday mornings right now and was voted last week to be the president of the state convention and lots of seminary professors and students are members of this church), even with all of that greatness here I was riveted by Bro. Dave's Sunday morning sermon. I haven't heard good preaching like that since we left Conway! I'm hoping for online sermons to become available at some point. I listen to everything I can get my hands on online that Beth Moore has available and would do the same for WHBC's Sunday morning sermons! Wow, what a blessing. So good that I can't resist sharing some high points:
A God Pointed Life: A life lived in absolute confidence in God and God alone.
Hebrews 11:6...for every single one, its starts here, with FAITH.
Faith will manifest itself in what I DO.
MY LIFESTYLE WILL BE ALTERED BECAUSE OF MY FAITH. (oh man...so true)
What you DO will be determined by what you THINK.
I KNOW THAT I TRUST GOD WHEN.....
1. My actions are based on God's COMMAND rather than my experience.
Heb. 11:7...Noah didn't even know what rain was....OBEY...do it b/c God says so. PERIOD....no experience necessary, no frame of reference....doesn't matter, just obey.
2. When FOLLOWING God is more important than results.
Heb. 11:8-10....God told Abraham "Leave & Go"...."where?"...."I'll tell you when we get there!"
3. When GOD'S CHARACTER is more reliable than the physical circumstances.
Heb. 11:11...God told Sarah she would bear a child despite her old age...she had confidence in the unchanging God...."He told me this!" and according to Titus 1:2 God "cannot lie".
4. When God's POWER is viewed as sufficient to fulfill God's purposes. (I had to get a kleenex out on this one...it just hit me straight in my spirit...guess I needed some good reminding in this area!)
Heb. 11:17-19....God told Abraham to offer up Isaac as a sacrifice...Abraham remembered God's promises concerning Isaac that thru him all the world will be blessed. God says (this is my most favorite part!!!) "TRUST ME EVEN WHEN IT SEEMS AS THOUGH WHAT I AM TELLING YOU WILL TAKE A MIRACLE." (ohhhhhh, that's so good! yep, a miracle indeed!)
We may not understand, but we choose to trust His power to accomplish what He has promised. God has the POWER! He says "I can accomplish this for you!" Its not up to YOU to accomplish this...its up to God to do it....He just needs a warm body. Its the Isaiah symdrome: HERE AM I, SEND ME! (that may have to be my favorite part too.)
5. When the CHRONOLOGY of God's working is less significant than the fulfillment of His promise.
Heb. 11:13, 22....Joseph trusted and claimed the promises of God in asking that his bones be brought with them out of Egypt. TRUST, even when we cannot SEE....God's timetable...don't worry about WHEN.
6. When FOLLOWING God overrides the desires of men.
Heb. 11:23...Moses parent's feared God more than men....doesn't matter what men may do to us...trust God to take care of the consequences.
7. When OBEYING God is more significant than the possessions of men.
Heb. 11:24-26...Moses passes up the treasures of Egypt...VALUE is in identifying my life with God and being obedient to Him.....THIS WORLD CAN OFFER NOTHING COMPARED TO WHAT GOD HAS FOR US.
Monday, November 26, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment