Monday, November 26, 2007
God's boombox came back home....
About 3 or 4 weeks ago, our new friend, the one who accepted Christ at our house in October, was over and asked Steve if he could borrow Noah's boombox. He said he'd bring it back later that weekend. And....well....that was several weeks ago. At first, we were all thinking 'great...our first theft!' In the meantime, I put the boombox out of the kitchen into Noah's room so he wouldn't be without one. And every day when I thought about turning on my praise music in the kitchen, I would quickly be reminded that I couldn't turn on music b/c the boombox was gone! Then one day, as I was sitting in Bible study, I don't even know what the lesson was about exactly but whatever it was, God used it to speak straight to my heart and He said, "That boombox is MINE and if I want to give it away, I will." Hmmmm...that really got my attention. So I went home and told the family what God said about it. It was an interesting revelation, that's for sure. I then realized that every time I noticed the boombox was gone, I would need to automatically pray for our friend and that everytime he looked at that boombox that he would be reminded of everything we had told him about Je$us and that God would draw him unto Himself. Over these weeks, we have told this story to some people and we've had various comments that have been very thought provoking to us. Some said maybe he was testing us to see what we would do or say. Some said we should ask for it back and teach about responsibility and honesty. Great comments and great possibilities. Over the past couple of days, I wondered if we were doing the right thing by not saying anything, just waiting....and praying....and then today, in God's perfect timing, our friend brought back the boombox. I felt as though God was smiling. "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding, In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will make your paths straight." Proverbs 3:5-6
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment