Angie said:
We live far away from grandparents, aunts, uncles and cousins. So our friends become family substitutes. They cheer my kids on at sports events, take them for ice cream, have them over to spend the night, read to them, hug them, listen to them, give them advice, they invest in their lives - just like real family would if we lived near them in America (or even saw them at holidays!). They have become my substitute sisters and brothers, people who laugh and cry with me. People I can call on for help if I need it.Boy can we ever relate to that even though we are in America right now and we still have the privilege and blessing of seeing our families and more than just on holidays. With the path God has us on, we are treasuring that time more and more. God has truly blessed us with so many people we love so very much. Here are pictures of a couple of dear ones, Jerry and Carmen Thomas.

.JPG)
(We were silly here and took a picture of ourselves so that's why its so CLOSE and a little goofy!)
2 comments:
I am soooo thankful for the substitutes God has provided in my life.
P.S. I love that quote from Baker James Cauthen on your sidebar. It's sooo true!
Post a Comment