Tuesday, October 16, 2007
We had another yucky day yesterday...I told the kids that our attitudes 'stinketh'! Noah said, "That's not a word!" I claimed that it was and proved it to him by showing him John 11:39 when Je$us was raising Lazarus from the dead and said "Take ye away the stone." but Martha said, "Lord, by this time he stinketh: for he hath been dead four days." King James Version of course. I love that. Never mind that Je$us could raise a man from the dead, but what in the world was He going to do about that smell?! Well...yesterday God used 2 people very dear to me to encourage me on a day when I needed it. One asked me for advice for her child...which made me laugh out loud b/c if she had been in my house yesterday she would certainly not be asking me any sort of advice about anything! Ha! But in the process she was such an encouragement to me. And another dear and wise and discerning one told me that it seemed that I was trying to play the role of an actor on a stage and wearing down in the process of trying to 'perform' well in my duties as wife/mom/teacher/neighborhood witness. Well now....that one was one of those kind that you can't hear very well unless you are ready to hear from God Himself. I had actually prayed yesterday that God would open the eyes of my heart in the midst of the difficulties of the day. Boy, did He ever answer that one! Maybe not in the way I would have chosen, but definitely in the way I needed Him to. And I am so thankful. Its not my job to perform anything well...its my job to yield to His control, to His enabling power, and allow Him to whisper in my ear and heart, guiding me step by step, moment by moment. Wow....I needed to be reminded of that!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment