I am good today....had a yucky day Thursday...tired and not feeling good and the enemy was messing with me, but Friday was better and this morning's Bible study was awesome. Steve just left to go to Arlington to spend the afternoon witnessing (for an evangelism practicum)...I pray the Lord will bring him to the path He already has laid out for him where there will be people whose hearts are being prepared to hear from God on this very day. I can't wait to hear his stories.
Someone told me last night about a witnessing event where thousands prayed the prayer to accept Christ as Lord and Savior ...and a girl went to be a part of it and suddenly thought she should open her eyes to see the faces of the ones who were praying this prayer. What she saw was not good...people praying that were not sincere that were making gestures and goofing off during what was supposed to be a time of repentance and hearts turning toward the Lord. This kind of thing makes so many people become skeptics. But we have to remember that it is our job to witness and lead and share and the results are up to God...and the person's sincerity only God knows. I cannot tell you how thankful I am that the moment that I began leading the one this week in prayer to repeat after me, that God led me to OPEN MY EYES and watch this one's face as we prayed. I was able to tell my sister that fact, and that this face was sincere, and about how the eyes told the story when they looked at me afterwards. She was amazed. But at the same time, I was stunned by the subtle ways that the enemy uses people and situations to provoke any shred of doubt that what we are doing isn't valid, is a waste of time, etc. A dear friend sent a scripture in response to an email that so echoed what I was thinking and feeling :
I Corinthians 15:58, "Therefore, my dear brothers, stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain." Most people are not instantly delivered from their strongholds of sin, and we all need to learn and remember that God's presence and power resides in but does not fill one who quenches the Spirit with sin.... so if one wants to enjoy God's presence and power in his life, then he will need to get his life cleaned up. I've learned that lesson from personal and practical experience. All that to say...it seems that the enemy would try to have one think that maybe it wasn't sincere for whatever reason...and why even try to share the gospel because people aren't going to really GET IT...and there are so many lost people out there that its overwhelming and seems like an insurmountable task. But I claim today this verse because my God is huge and my God is faithful and my God is all powerful:
I Corinthians 15:58, "Therefore, my dear brothers, stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain."
Well...now that I'm done preaching that little sermon to myself, I'm going to fix my kids some lunch!
Saturday, October 13, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
Hey, I haven't forgotten you! I will send that recipe soon.
I find that the enemy really jumps on me on the weekends. Charlie was involved in a witnessing training event at our church this weekend and I felt so awful and downtrodden the whole time (I was at home). Yet, the training went so well and one girl who came for training realized that she didn't have a testimony to give yet and gave her life to Christ!
Thanks for your transparency. It's great getting to know you.
Blessings,
angie
We are definitely seeing a correlation between our work here and the attacks of the enemy! But it's affirmation we are doing what we are supposed to be doing so we are comforted in that regard.
Your stories and examples amaze me...thank you so much for sharing...you are a gift to me at this very surreal stage of my life on this journey that is blowing my mind!
Post a Comment