I am thinking…..that I have a truly amazing husband. When most people would be overwhelmed, he is thrilled to walk out of this gate and go in search of food or whatever we need….we have enjoyed meat on a stick and all kinds of fruits from the vendors that line the streets here. He loves meeting and talking to new people everywhere we go. He has taken a zillion pictures and blogged so faithfully as our journey has taken many unexpected twists and turns. He reads and teaches the Word to our children every single night before tucking them into bed. I simply would not be on this journey without him.
I am thankful….that we are all well. Yay!!! Praise to the L0rd!!! We even had our teeth cleaned. But we are now pr%ying our heads off that we never get a cavity b/c they don’t use pain meds here for that or for much of anything else it sounds like. Not cool. Anyway, after finding out that Noah had nothing going on physically at all, I asked the L0rd what in the world was up with all of that? Its just all so strange. I’ll never forget His answer as He clearly directed me to this passage: “Indeed he was ill, and almost died. But G0d had mercy on him, and not on him only but also on me, to spare me sorrow upon sorrow.” Philippians2:27 Whew. That just still makes me shake my head when I reread it. There aren’t really adequate words to express all that comes to my mind. All I can say is that I am so thankful for His mercy….we are so unworthy and there are so many that suffer in this world, but He is good.
From the kitchen…..we haven’t cooked up much here in Bangkok other than spaghetti a couple of times and a few scrambled eggs. We just enjoyed take-out from a nearby Mexican restaurant which is a great way to spend our last night in this city. We've eaten LOTS of ham sandwiches b/c we are so thrilled to find all this sliced sandwich ham here!
I am wearing…denim capris, Metochai green tee, barefoot, ponytail. I have to say that I have really enjoyed wearing my normal summer clothes for the 5 weeks we’ve been here, but its also been a little shocking to see the lack of modesty of many in this culture. We looked around at the clothing thinking we might shop a little while we’re here, but these people are soooo tiny. There’s nothing more humbling than walking up to a clothing vendor and having them pull out some things, hold them up and say “here’s some big sizes for YOU”! I won’t deny that I have put on a few pounds while being here, however, I am still within the normal weight range for my 5 foot 1 inch height! These people are just extremely tiny!!!
I am reading…..I have read the biggest stack of books ever since being here! It has been absolutely delightful. There is a library of books left behind by others who have traveled here for medical purposes and I have enjoyed over a dozen by my favorite writers: Ted Dekker, Tracie Peterson, Charles Stanley, Randy Alcorn, Frank Peretti, etc. I just finished up “When the Enemy Strikes” by Charles Stanley. These are some of my favorite quotes from this book because I could have written them myself:
“The apostle Paul wrote to the Corinthians: I fear, lest somehow, as the serpent deceived Eve by his craftiness, so your minds may be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ.” (2 Cor 11:3)
“There will never be a point at which you cease to be (spiritually) attacked.”
“Satan’s goal is to keep you from winning souls, from using your spiritual gifts to bless the body of Chr!st, and from doing G0d’s work—all of which can result in diminishing your reward in heaven……he continues to seek every way possible to discourage you, cause you to live in depression and oppression, make your life miserable and less fulfilling, fill your mind with doubts, and assault you with all manner of sickness, tragedy, and crises.”
“He seeks to destroy your peace, joy, happiness, contentment, enthusiasm for life, willingness to take G0dly risks, generosity, and all other emotional states that are healthy and good.”
“But if you understand that G0d is in control of all things and that life is unfolding according to His master plan and purpose, then you have to look at what happens in your life and conclude, ‘G0d knows all about this. He has allowed this to happen. G0d is in control of all outcomes. He has a way through this difficulty and a good result at the end of this dark tunnel. G0d is at work, fashioning all things to His glory. He is going to work all things for my eternal benefit.”
“The greater question is not ‘What can we do to avoid attacks from the enemy?’ but ‘How are we to respond to such attacks when they come?”
“Not only could I intercede for others, but I had opportunity for unlimited stretches of time to spend with the L0rd – listening to Him, reflecting on the lessons He had taught me through the years, and praising Him for the way He had brought me through tremendous times of conflict and pain. G0d used this time to help me come to valuable conclusions about why He had allowed certain things in my life…..I learned that sometimes G0d maketh me to lie down in green pastures. I saw this as a time when the L0rd was making me to lie down, lie low, to cease my going and doing. And over the weeks, I felt a significant renewal of my energy – in fact, until that time, I hadn’t realized how weary I was.”
I am hoping….. that I haven’t forgotten too much language and that I can jump right back into class, studying, and practicing. We had gotten to at least Novice High and are ready to push past that novice level to intermediate!
I am creating…..a new schedule for next year’s school and menus to rotate. I am a huge list maker kind of person, and I have missed some of the order that was so established in our home before moving overseas which has made life seem more difficult and chaotic to me.
I am hearing…..klove was online when I began, but now I hear slingbox in the distance, a motor running outside the fence, ceiling fan, a/c unit running (we have a unit in each of the 2 bedrooms here but in the living room/kitchen/dining room area it was 90 today inside), lots of hustle and bustle outside the fence as the street is lined up with food vendors.
Around the house….. suitcases are nearly filled, just waiting for the rest of our clothes and pillows to pack. (yes, we travel with our pillows if at all possible!!!)
One of my favorite things….. Mexican food. We have eaten it here every chance we get. That and Dunkin Donuts….oh my word. So good.
A few plans for the rest of the week….flight back to our country in South Asia tomorrow night. A Father’s Day of unpacking and settling back in as we remember our sweet Daddys. A time of fellowship with some dear friends that are now a family of 7 and we can’t wait to greet and hold the newest member!!!!
Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you….(never thought we'd get to pet a real tiger!)



No comments:
Post a Comment