
This the new wooden carved with inlay table that Steve found when he was out and about one day....got it for a great bargain price! The top comes off and legs fold up, so this can stay with us for years to come.

A handmade wall hanging that we got in a local shop....love the stitching and sequins!

I was longing for donuts, so I found a recipe online for cake donuts and they turned out pretty good considering we don't have a donut cutter. Also, the other plate has a few of the cookie press cookies that the girls and I made on Saturday....it was a mother/daughter day of baking.

Our dryer to the left of the washer....you've seen how tiny the washer is and now look at the even smaller dryer! It needs a minor repair, but should come in handy during monsoon season. There are 2 settings: full sun and part sun. Too funny.

A lot of shops sell eggs that are not in a carton, and they are considerably cheaper that way. But its hard to get them home in a little plastic sack, especially as many as we consume! So we found them in 1/2 dozen cartons and have saved up some cartons, and can now take those to the shop with no cartons and fill them up. We wash them well when we get them home because they aren't so clean.

Our orchid plant is surviving nicely so far. I've always wanted one of those. And to the right is some bamboo in water....we have recently discovered that people keep those here for 'good luck'. I just like it because its green, pretty, and very easy to keep.

Our tropical plant that is similar to one we got my dad a few years ago. Its kind of sparse right now, but looking better the longer we have it.

I found this peace lily in a grocery store and brought it home. It had a bloom on it when we got it. And just this week has put out a new bloom. I've never had one bloom before....I guess my house has always been too dark for it. We have lots and lots of light here!
No comments:
Post a Comment