Thursday, March 13, 2008

New York Cheesecake---YUM! (in my new springform pan, thanks again Kecia!)



Recipe:

2 c. Graham cracker crumbs

1/2 c. melted margarine or butter

2 tbs. sugar

4 packages (8 oz.) cream cheese, softened

1 1/3 c. sugar

2 tbs cornstarch

1 tbs. vanilla

3 eggs

1 c. sour cream

Combine crumbs, butter, and 2 tbs sugar, press into 9-inch springform pan onto bottom and 2 1/4 inches up sides. Chill in freezer while preparing filling.

Beat cream cheese until fluffy, add sugar, cornstarch, vanilla and beat. Add eggs one at a time until just combined after each. Stir in sour cream.

Pour into crust. Bake 325 for 1 1/4 hours or until center is almost set. Cool on wire rack for 15 min. Loosen sides of pan. Cool 45 min. more. Refigerate at least 3 hours. 16 servings.

6 comments:

The Brown's said...

Okay now you need to figure out how to mail them and then you can sell them and use your profits for the Fund!!

Anonymous said...

Okay...one question:
Was it as tasty as Junior's?!
(It LOOKS just as good to me -- sure wish I could have a little bite!)
<3 ~Janie

Anonymous said...

Oh that looks SOOOOO yummy!!!!! I was going to say that I am going to get a springform pan & try it, but I am the only one in my house that likes cheesecake...so I would be obligated to eat the whole thing & that just wouldn't be a good idea!!!!!! It looks delish!

Kecia said...

Oh my goodness that looks WONDERFUL. I can almost taste it. Mmmm. :)

S and J said...

YES! As tasty as Junior's and MUCH nicer to the pocketbook! :o)

Anonymous said...

Joanna,
Your cheesecake looks soooo good (and professional!!). Great job!! Thanks for sharing your yummy recipe, too. Can't wait to try it. (What a good idea for Easter dessert. ;-)

Pat