We hope you really experience the presence of Je$us on this beautiful Easter Sunday.
He loves us so much that while we were still sinners, He died for us. And the greatest news of all is His empty tomb. He is different from all other 'religions'. He did not stay dead, He is risen, just as He said! Praise you God for the greatest news of all time!
Its been a different kind of Easter for us. We found out yesterday that Steve's dad has lung cancer and he is very very sick right now. So Steve flew out as soon as he could to be there to be with his dad as he heard the news and to help make decisions. It is unusual for us to not have all made this trip together, but we felt it was important for me and the kids to stay here, especially with it being Easter, a wonderful celebration of Je$us, and to be available to take our friends to church with us. We were delighted to bring 2 of our neighborhood friends to church with us this morning! Later I got news that my aunt is not doing well at all and have struggled with staying here and not being there. But we have spent the afternoon dying eggs and talking about the reason we do this, to celebrate the new life that we have in Christ. Elizabeth has been amazing today and has stepped in to plan and orchestrate a fun party for the kids....they have played musical chairs and pin the tail on the bunny, and most importantly shared the story of the reason for the season. I'm so proud of my children and their desire to help others understand and know Je$us. And even though I hate that I am not with my hurting family, God has reminded me what He has for me today as I was reading in Matthew, a footnote said "The time of Je$us' ministry was short and demanded full attention and commitment. This statement stresses the radical demands of Je$us' discipleship." Its a reminder that sometimes we must lay aside our emotions for the greater purpose of God's perfect work...sowing the seeds of the Good News of our Lord and Savior, Je$us Christ. Hearing a girl take turns with Elizabeth reading the resurrection story in our living room this afternoon surely affirms God's purpose in having us stay home this weekend.
There was a violent earthquake, for an angel of the Lord came down from heaven and, going to the tomb, rolled back the stone and sat on it. His appearance was like lightning, and his clothes were white as snow. The guards were so afraid of him that they shook and became like dead men.
The angel said to the women, "Do not be afraid, for I know that you are looking for Je$us, who was crucified. He is not here; he has risen, just as he said. Come and see the place where he lay. Then go quickly and tell his disciples: 'He has risen from the dead and is going ahead of you into Galilee. There you will see him.' Now I have told you."
So the women hurried away from the tomb, afraid yet filled with joy, and ran to tell his disciples. Suddenly Je$us met them. "Greetings," he said. They came to him, clasped his feet and worshiped him. Matthew 28:2-7
Sunday, March 23, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



5 comments:
We were sorry to hear about your father in law at church yesterday, he is on our prayer list...our thoughts and prayers are with him.
I'm praying for you all.
I am so sorry to hear about Steve's dad & your Aunt. I will put them both on our prayer list at church. Let us know if there is anything we can do.
Hi again--Joanna, I can't find your email address, and I have a home school question for you. Do you use the Dive CD with your Saxon math? I'm looking at stuff for next year...
Thanks! Kecia
Thanks for your prayers....they are working!!!
Post a Comment