Monday, July 26, 2010

The Simple Woman's Daybook 07/26/2010

Outside my window…cloudy, rainy, windy, and cool with highs barely to 75F and lows in the mid 60s. What awesome July weather!! I guess this is what they call monsoon season, although it hasn’t been nearly as rainy as we anticipated.

I am thinking…..that G0d is faithful. Only by His grace are we on this planet. Only by His grace are we living here, on the other side of the planet from “home”. Only by His grace will we move forward to wherever it is He is calling us to go next. We don’t know where that will be, we just know we are being re-directed. But we do know that He will direct each and every step of our path. Having never anticipated this as even a possibility, we have many mixed emotions right now, but we know that G0d knows what He’s doing and that's all that matters.

I am thankful….for a few days of wellness, although we did get a hold of some bad chicken Friday night. Noah has been able to have 2 friends sleep over the past 2 Fridays, one a M*slim, and one a H*ndu. They seemed thrilled to get to stay over, and Noah was beside himself with excitement.

From the kitchen…..tonight we are having Taco Ring, which is basically corn bread layered with taco meat, corn, cheese, and more corn bread, baked in a bundt pan. It is soooo good! One of our favorites. And we are loving that we brought back 10 lbs. of corn meal.

I am wearing…gray Capri sweatpants, brown Deeper Still t-shirt, barefoot, although I’m about to have to put my socks back on b/c I’m a little chilly.

I am reading…..mostly the Bible. Last week I studied Acts, Joshua, John, and parts of Genesis, Exodus, 1 Chronicles, and Isaiah. This week I’ve been studying 1 Samuel and Psalms. In between, I re-read Get Out of That Pit and Believing God by Beth Moore for some refreshing reminders.

I am hoping…..that G0d gives us very clear direction very very soon.

I am creating…..organized bookshelves for the new school year….we are trying out a new writing curriculum and I’ve been watching the teacher training dvds. Being a math girl, I haven’t been the greatest at teaching writing, and this new curriculum seems to be exactly what we need.

I am hearing…..the wind whistling around these tall apartment buildings, the fish aquarium filter rattling (I think its messed up), and many random outside noises from being surrounded by the throngs of population here.

Around the house….. Noah and Emma have finished up the school year, and Elizabeth will be finished this week. Whew! I was beginning to wonder!!

One of my favorite things….. American food….anything really, but we have been feasting on lots of muffins and macaroni/cheese lately and have been very thankful for our provisions from dearly loved and appreciated friends and family!!

A few plans for the rest of the week….I don’t even know. I’m a big big big planner kind of girl. I attempt to plan out most anything that can possibly be planned out. I’m at a loss of how to plan anything right now with this re-direction thing up in the air. All I know to do is get up each day, and do what G0d lays before me for that day. Hmmm, perhaps therein lies part of the purpose in all of this waiting?!

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you….
Our kids with dear friends who have become like family to us. We said goodbye to them on July 4 as they transitioned back to the states, but we are thankful for the intersection of our journeys and they will forever be in our hearts! Love you guys and miss you!!

2 comments:

Meredith Poe said...

Know that we are praying for you as you wait upon the Lord. It will be exciting to see where He leads and watch His plan unfold. And it would certainly be fun if He lead you down our way.... :) Not that it would ever happen, but it sure would be fun if it did!
Love to you all!
Poe family

Nahna said...

Yours, called Taco Ring, mine Mexican Cornbread...sounds like the same recipe. I made that on Tuesday and the kids loved it...with Cranberry beans. Good eating.

Pr'' ng as you wait...me too.

Love to each of you
Carmen