Thursday, May 7, 2009

The Simple Woman's Daybook, 5/7/2009

Idea taken from http://thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com/ and the Choate Family Blog!

Outside my window…cloudy, warm, muddy, humid, kids still out of school here because of H1N1 flu virus, Noah riding his Rip Stik (he finally saved up enough money and greatly desires that it will fit into his suitcase when its time to move overseas!)

I am thinking….I can’t believe that Steve is finished with finals which wraps up our time on campus here. (He has some field hours to work on when we are overseas to complete his degree.) In some ways it seems to have lasted a long time, but in most ways it seems to have flown right by. Wow!

From the learning rooms… we are all done with school for the year! Yay!!!

I am thankful for….an amazing trip to WHBC to hang out with my home girls. What a gift!!!

From the kitchen….pancakes and scrambled eggs. I love eggs…I could eat them every day for every meal.

I am wearing…. white t-shirt, gray sweatpants, barefoot, hair in pigtails (I was feeling silly this morning!)

I am reading…..I just finished up If You Want to Walk on Water, You’ve Got To Get Out of the Boat by John Ortberg. It is soooo good. Love it. A couple of favorite quotes:
“Waiting means that we give G*d the benefit of the doubt that He knows what He is doing.”
“What am I doing that I could not do apart from the power of G*d?”

I am hoping….to get on over this bronchitis and not have to get more meds for it!

I am creating….an itinerary of places to shop for Elizabeth a swimsuit later today…Lord help us!

I am hearing…..Emma playing the piano, Scooby Doo on the TV, dishwasher running in the kitchen.

Around the house….unpacking from my trip and laundry. Always laundry, but I shall do it enthusiastically and with thanksgiving unto my Lord! :o)

One of my favorite things….orange juice. I just love it. I drank some on the airplane yesterday. I drank some last night when I was watching Tuesday night’s taped American Idol. I drank some more this morning. YUM! (That reminds me…..Go! Go! Go! Conway, Arkansas’ Kris Allen!!!!!!! We were doing a happy dance last night over that!)

A few plans for the rest of the week….planning a dinner to bring to a friend who just had surgery, going to a dinner and celebration for a friend who is graduating from seminary, packing up some things to take to my sister’s house as we continue the emptying of our house.

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you….

(a very wet bird trying to stay out of the rain under our carport)

1 comment:

Mich said...

Hope you feel better real soon!