I know it seems a little strange to go to all the trouble to photograph a loaf of bread, but this is (or make that WAS because we ate it all) a very special loaf of bread.Last week on Thursday evening, my dear friend and neighbor came over and asked if we could have a yard sale at my house because we have a carport and there was a chance of rain. I said that would be fine and on Friday we spent TEN hours on my carport for her yard sale. During that time I was in and out listening to updates on Steve's dad as they were trying to get him transported to Little Rock (they wanted to med-flight him but the storms/tornadoes made that impossible.) And also during that time I spent time praying for God to give us a clear word as to what our plan of action should be, especially considering Steve was in the middle of final exams. Needless to say, it was a rather busy and all consuming kind of day. After 10 hours of the yard sale (have I mentioned 10!!), it was 5pm and I was wondering what we would have for supper and knew that I was supposed to have gone to the store that day for groceries (Friday is always grocery day so it was slim pickin's in the house). If only we had some bread, that'd be so nice.
Wouldn't you know, next thing that happened was my dear friend appeared at my door with this loaf of bread saying a friend had given her 3 and she hated to waste it and wanted to share with me knowing I didn't make it to the store that day. I've never been so happy to see a loaf of bread that I even got a little weepy. And I couldn't help but praise God who is the giver of all good things and is so good to provide for our every need. He is the God who sees and the God who hears and I am so thankful!
"Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more important than food, and the body more important than clothes? Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?
"And why do you worry about clothes? See how the lilies of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you, O you of little faith? So do not worry, saying, 'What shall we eat?' or 'What shall we drink?' or 'What shall we wear?' For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own. Matthew 6:25-34



1 comment:
God is so amazing to provide exactly when we need it! We have been in your shoes so many times, and we never fail to be humbled at God's timing. "They feast on the abundance of your house; you give them drink from your river of delights." Psalm 36:8
Post a Comment