We had some fascinating dinner guests Thurs. nite who generously brought us this lovely bag. Its some kind of dried mushrooms....and supposed be good sauteed with other vegetables. If anybody has any good tips, we'd love to hear them! :o)I ended up feeling very overwhelmed after this visit...just thinking how so very inadequate I am for the task at hand. Inevitably we are asked questions like 'what languages do you speak?' or 'what countries have you visited?' Hmmmmm, English and Mexico is all....yep, that's us, about as inexperienced as they come! WHAT ARE WE THINKING?!
Then we went to visit another precious family last night...they are finishing up linguistics training with Wycliffe and will be leaving this summer to live in the Solomon Islands to be translating a language that has never been written before with the goal of translating the Bible. We left there feeling much encouraged. They said sometimes they feel as though they are ready to go and sometimes they feel as though they are nowhere near ready...boy can we relate with that. But here they are about to move to live amongst tribal people. Dirt floors and banana leaves for a mattress....man, I cannot even imagine! Camping that never ends. Where's the washing machine and refrigerator?! It gives a whole new meaning to the favorite hymn "Where ever He leads, I'll go....."



1 comment:
I commented on the wrong post. Oops. Read the next one. :)
Post a Comment