Tuesday, December 18, 2007

I can't help but wonder....

I can't help but wonder sometimes about things....where will we be living after this? when will we be going there? how will we get there? what preparations will be necessary? are we doing what we are supposed to be doing? Some things I wonder about seem like HUGE big things...some things seem smaller, but still I wonder. I have learned there is a significant difference between 'wondering' about something versus being anxious over it and letting it consume my thoughts...better known as 'worrying'. When I am anxious and consumed, I am paralyzed to the work that God has for me NOW. Its a struggle sometimes....to keep it as wondering and not worrying!
We had the neatest cause for celebration recently. One day, I showed the kids the tracts we have that are identical except some are in English and some are in Spanish. They were amazed and thought it was so neat to compare the pages and see the differences in the languages side by side. We read through it (the English one!) and discussed the way to use it to tell someone about Je$us. Noah wanted to know what page the prayer was on...the prayer to acknowledge and surrender to Je$us as Lord and Savior and he wanted to know if he could keep the tracts in his room. A couple of days later, he came out of his room and told me that his 2 friends had just 'prayed the prayer'. I was amazed and asked him all about it, which he eagerly shared. I was so in awe of God and His ways that I could not keep from weeping. God can use anyone, at any time and any place, anyone who is willing to be used, to share the Good News.
Through this, I was overwhelmingly reminded by the Lord that its okay to WONDER, but not to the point of WORRY so as to paralyze me from fulfilling what He has for me NOW. This was affirmed by a devotion I was reading by Oswald Chambers My Utmost for His Highest that said "My questions come whenever I cease to obey. When I have obeyed God, the problems never come between me and God, they come as probes to keep the mind going on with amazement at the revelation of God. Any problem that comes between God and myself springs out of disobedience; any problem, and there are many, that is alongside me while I obey God, increases my ecstatic delight, because I know that my Father knows, and I am going to watch and see how He unravels this thing." "Peace I leave with you, My peace I give unto you;....Let not your heart be troubled. John 14:27"

2 comments:

Kecia said...

Oh, so you're like me...would prefer a telegram from the Lord outlining the rest of your life, or at least the next 5 years? ;) God is good to give us peace in Him in spite of ourselves!

Angie said...

Yet again, your post has blessed me. I'm excitedly wondering and waiting to see where God takes you too!