Sunday, September 19, 2010

The Simple Woman's Daybook 9/19/2010

Outside my window....it is beautiful and sunny! The sky is the most amazing color of blue. I wonder if it really is a different color blue here or if we just haven't seen the clear blue sky in so long that it just seems that way!

I am thinking....that I have much to be thankful for. Elizabeth and I had a discussion this morning about our pets. The dog is always gazing outside the fence wanting out of the yard or looking inside the house wanting in, not seeming to appreciate her nice big wonderful yard with grass, and trees for her which is vastly different from the shelter from which she came. Similarly, the cat is always gazing outside the door or the window wanting to get out of the house, not appreciating the comfortable and safe home she gets to live inside. I see those same tendencies in myself, always wanting what I don't have, not appreciating what I do have. Father help me be content in all things!

I am thankful for.....my sweet, patient husband who has dealt with numerous Thai speaking salespeople and delivery people, trying to get our appliances purchased, delivered and installed. It has been quite the process, but successful in the end. And he even surprised me with a new dryer. I feel a bit spoiled! We won't use it unless we have to because electricity is so expensive, but its nice to have for those times when it just won't stop raining and nothing will get dry!

From the kitchen.....Texmati shrimp and rice, garlic bread, green beans, and deviled eggs. Lots of yummy food here!! But I am still pretty limited in what I can cook until our container arrives with my spice cabinet and dishes.

I am wearing....black sleeveless top, shorts, brown Old Navy flip flops, ponytail.

I am reading...."The Challenge to Great Commission Obedience: Motivational Messages for Contemporary Missionaries" by Dr. Jerry Rankin. This book is a compilation of messages given by Dr. Rankin at various appointment services over the years. It is providing some affirmation and refreshing reminders of why we are here, doing what we are doing.

I am hoping....that my brain will be supernaturally enabled to learn Thai well and quickly.

I am creating....a home here, gradually, but it will be so wonderful when our container arrives. It is supposed to be in Malaysia today, then Bangkok, then here hopefully by month's end. In the meantime, we have bare essentials that we have borrowed.

I am hearing....a rooster in the field behind our house that must be confused because he crows all throughout the day, the ceiling fan rattle on its very lazy so-called high speed, the water pump to our house as it kicks on and off, various birds chirping outside, and Noah as he is hunting for the dog leash.

Around the house.....Steve and the kids found some flowers and neat things to plant in pots and flower beds around the house. We are stunned with how inexpensive these things are here and are excited to make this place feel like home.

One of my favorite things....ICED tea. Yum. We are enjoying our new ice trays and freezer space to make ice regularly!

A few plans for the rest of the week....language class every day, Noah's birthday on Wednesday, some sort of birthday celebration for him and his friends on Saturday.

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you....

We are really enjoying our yard with GRASS and TREES! Wow, its so pretty.

1 comment:

Nahna said...

This is a sample of writing from "my girl"...more contented than you realize. Glad to have you back...

Today we had AMAZING WORSHIP and the Holy Spirit was fully there...what a wonderful refreshing outpouring of God's grace to us.

Love you