Wednesday, August 26, 2009

The Simple Woman's Daybook 8/26/2009

Idea taken from http://thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com/ and the Choate Family Blog!

Outside my window…sunshine and distant sound of lawn mowing.

I am thinking…..today is the halfway mark of our orientation time here…wow, hard to believe! We found out today that our visas have been approved and are en route!!

I am thankful for….the cafeteria on campus providing 3 meals each day…although we could do without the tofu! :o) I started out here by losing a pound, but now I've gained that one back plus another one.

From the kitchen….all we have in our fridge is tea (of course!), milk, orange juice, and water. In the cabinets: poptarts, granola bars, and cereal. And there are popsicles in the freezer. Simplicity!

I am wearing…pink Canada t-shirt, denim capris, socks.

I am reading…..Death of a Guru is next on the list. I have read 7 other books since arriving here and they have been wonderful! This one is the last for required reading and then I get to try to find a few others that have been suggested.

I am hoping…..that tropical storm Danny stays away from Virginia!

I am creating….lists of items to pack for our overseas move.

I am hearing…..silence….ahhh, I love sweet chances to be still and silent.

Around the house…..(or apartment in our case)…Elizabeth is quarantined for fever, most likely from the typhoid shot we got yesterday. She is feeling much better already though, so tomorrow should be back to business as usual. In the meantime, its nice to just hang out, do a little laundry and cleaning up, computer stuff, and playing Nertz with my daughter (who, YES, is TALLER than me now!)

One of my favorite things….small group ‘house’ worship…we are practicing for later on!

A few plans for the rest of the week….more classes and training, and then a class on Saturday on chicken killing. Fun!

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you….


1 comment:

Mich said...

Cute picture...

Glad you are doing well.

I remember all those horrible shots. Not fun at all!!!