Key Scripture: Esther 4:13–16
He sent back this answer: "Do not think that because you are in the king's house you alone of all the Jews will escape. For if you remain silent at this time, relief and deliverance for the Jews will arise from another place, but you and your father's family will perish. And who knows but that you have come to royal position for such a time as this?"
Then Esther sent this reply to Mordecai: "Go, gather together all the Jews who are in Susa, and fast for me. Do not eat or drink for three days, night or day. I and my maids will fast as you do. When this is done, I will go to the king, even though it is against the law. And if I perish, I perish.”
Mom’s Reflection
When G*d placed Esther in a place of honor—as queen in a Persian palace—she was a long way from her humble beginnings as a young Jewish girl. But G*d had a plan for her life that was bigger than simply living in royal comfort. After a decree to destroy the Jews was unwittingly signed by the king, she chose to step out of her comfort zone and take a risk on behalf of her people.
As Esther walked into unknown territory, there was one thing she knew for sure: she must depend on G*d. She fasted and prayed, and asked others to fast and pray for her. She knew she couldn’t rely on the comfort of her position; she had to rely on the comfort of G*d’s power and sovereignty.
Wouldn’t it be nice to live in a comfy, safe situation with all of our ducks neatly in a row? Unfortunately, that’s not usually how life plays out. We all have times when we are stretched by our circumstances or challenged to step out of our comfort zones. When that happens, we can take a lesson from Esther: Trust in G*d’s sovereignty, pray for his help, and make a wise plan of action. Only G*d has the power to bring us safely through.
My Prayer
“Sovereign Lord, I praise You, because You have plans for my life that are far bigger than I know. Thank You that no matter what I go through, You are with me. No matter where I am, You are there. In the nice, comfy times and in the stretching, scary times, You never leave me. Please grant me strength and wisdom to walk the path that You have set before me, and bring me safely to the other side. In Je$us’ name I pray, amen.”
This week I’m praying for: ____________________
My Choices
This week I will choose to trust G*d’s sovereign plan for my life and my kids’ lives.
This week I will choose to accept the fact that I may be pulled out of my comfort zone.
This week I will choose to pray for wisdom for the steps I am to take.
This week I will choose to: ____________________
Tuesday, December 9, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment